Worker Visa UK

Worker visas allow you to access new opportunities in the UK. Here’s your guide.

Home > UK Visas > Worker Visas

Worker Visa UK

The UK offers several worker visas UK for people that want to come and work here. Each of the visas suit a person’s specific circumstances and requirements, with some offering a path to settlement and others offering short work placements without a need to be resident in the UK.

You can read about each of the Worker Visa UK below, and can click on them to find out more about a specific visa. It’s our recommendation that you take the time to research the visas available to you and ensure that they match both your current intentions, and your future plans.

Please note: not all the requirements for each visa are listed here. To find out more about a visa, simply click on its title.

Many of the worker visas you see listed here require you to have a sponsor licence prior to your application. A sponsor licence is a document from a registered employer that confirms you have a job lined up before your arrival in the UK. You can read more about sponsor licences elsewhere on our website.

Global Business Mobility Visas

The Global Business Mobility Visas were introduced in 2022. Some of them are brand new visas, while others replace previously existing ones. They were launched with the view to promote and facilitate businesses and entrepreneurs across the globe in extending their businesses into the UK.

A list of the visas included in the Global Mobility Visa group are listed below:

Senior or Specialist Worker Visa

Graduate Trainee Visa

UK Expansion Worker Visa

Service Supplier Visa

Secondment Worker Visa

Skilled Worker Visa

The Skilled Worker visa is the main visa route for skilled migrant workers to live and work in the United Kingdom under the Points Based System. Currently, this visa includes all migrant workers regardless of their home country. You can apply for this visa if you have been offered a skilled job in the UK.

Health & Care Worker Visa

The Health and Care Worker visa was introduced in 2020 and aims to provide foreign care workers with a passage into the UK workforce. It allows all healthcare professionals who are qualified in their profession to work in the UK healthcare industry for up to 5 years.

Scale-up Worker Visa

A Scale-up Worker Visa allows you to come to the UK to work for a fast-growing business. The route can be used as a route to settlement, and applicants may be joined by their partner and dependent children. You must have a job offer from an approved UK employer before you can apply for this visa.

Representative of an Overseas Business Visa

If you are an employee of an overseas news agency or broadcasting organisation, and are to be posted on a long-term assignment to the UK, then the Representative of an Overseas Business Visa is best for you.

Tier 2 Minister of Religion Visa 

Not to be confused with the Religious Worker Visa, the Minister of Religion Visa is a full Worker Visa that allows people to work in the UK in religious pastoral roles. For example, you can get this visa if you want to work in the UK as a minister or as a member of a religious order. 

Contact us for our expert advice

Woodcock Law & Notary Public is highly experienced in assisting with worker visa applications.

Contact us if you need any assistance on 020 7712 1705 or email

The information contained on this page is sourced from UK Visas and Immigration and is subject to change. While Woodcock Law Limited makes every effort to keep this information current, prices and information cannot be guaranteed and should always be checked on

Ready for assistance?

If you have any questions, or want to book an appointment with one of our legal experts, contact Woodcock Law today. Call us on +44 (0)20 7712 1705 or email

Are you looking for notarial services?

We assist both individuals and businesses with a range of notarial services. For more information about how we might be able to help, head over to our dedicated notary site.