Skilled Worker Visa
Sponsor licences will not be required for Irish citizens, those who are under the EU Settlement scheme with settled or pre-settled status or those with indefinite leave to remain in the UK.
If you or your family are from the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein you can apply.
If you or your family member started living in the UK by 31 December 2020, you may be able to apply to the free EU Settlement Scheme.
Irish citizens do not need to apply for a visa or to the EU Settlement Scheme.
An occupation code is a four digit number located in the occupation coding tool that provides a description of your job role. You must ensure that the description matches your occupation role.
You must provide:
- Your certificate of sponsorship reference number
- Proof of your knowledge of English
- A valid document that shows your identity and nationality
- Job title and annual salary
- Job’s occupation code
- Details of your employer such as their sponsor licence number
You may take on additional paid work/ unpaid voluntary work as long as
- you are still doing the job you’re being sponsored for
- You are working only up to 20 hours a week in your additional job
- Your additional job is in the same occupation code and at the same level as your main job or in a shortage occupation list.