All Blog Videos Webinars
11 June 2021

Paper applications for complex EU Settlement Cases update

There are 19 days to go before the EU Settlement Scheme deadline, and we have just heard that applicants with complex cases can now get an application form via email.*
Estimated reading time: 2 minutes
Paper applications for complex EU Settlement Cases update

While most EU applicants can apply online to the EU Settlement Scheme, there are certain complex instances where you can apply to the EU Settlement Scheme if you are not an EU citizen. Previously, if you were applying under the Zambrano, Chen, Ibrahim, Surinder Singh and Lounes routes, you had to call the EUSS helpline and request forms to be posted to you, and then post back the forms alongside supporting documents.

Now, with the 30 June 2021 deadline rapidly approaching, we have heard reports that you can apply quicker by requesting your forms via email. You can also apply by email instead of posting your documents.

Here is a statement from the EUSS Grants Team:

With effect from Wednesday 9th June 2021 it is now possible to request paper application forms from the SRC [Settlement Resolution Centre] to be sent via email, this will hopefully speed up the process.

In addition to this, if required, it is also possible to submit a paper form via email, although this needs to be specifically requested when requesting the paper application.

Any bulk requests (no more than 10 per sheet) should be sent using the attached spreadsheet [here] with all required columns completed to

Presumably, individual emails can also be sent to this email address.

Guidance for applications

Here are guidelines for using a paper form to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme: 

You must apply on a paper form if:

  • You do not have or cannot get hold of your passport or national identity card.
  • You are not an EU, European Economic Area (EEA) or Swiss citizen and you are:
  • a family member of a British citizen and you lived with them outside the UK in an EU or EEA country or Switzerland
  • a family member of an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen who has become a British citizen
  • a carer for a British, EU, EEA or Swiss citizen

If you are none of these, you must apply online.


* We have been unable to verify this at time of publishing with no official announcement being made on Please call us for advice if you need assistance.

Ready for assistance?

If you have any questions, or want to book an appointment with one of our legal experts, contact Woodcock Law today. Call us on +44 (0)20 7712 1705 or email

Are you looking for notarial services?

We assist both individuals and businesses with a range of notarial services. For more information about how we might be able to help, head over to our dedicated notary site.