All Blog Guides Videos

Skilled Worker Visa UK

What is a Skilled Worker Visa?

The Skilled Worker Visa allows you to come to the UK to work in an eligible job with a approved employer. It replaced the Tier 2 General Work Visa.

What are the eligibility requirements for a Skilled Worker Visa?

To be eligible for a Skilled Worker Visa, you must be sponsored by a UK employer that has been approved by the Home Office. The sponsor company or organisation must have issued you with a Certificate of Sponsorship to do a job that is on the list of eligible occupations. You must also be paid a minimum salary which depends on the kind of job you’re planning to do.

What am I allowed to do with a Skilled Worker Visa?

You are allowed to:
• work in a eligible job role
• have a second job in the same industry sector for up to 20 hours per week
• do volunteer work
• study
• bring dependant partners and children with you, if eligible
• travel in and out of the UK
• apply for permanent settlement in the UK after 5 years

Where can I find more information about Skilled Worker Visas?

You can access more information on the ‘Going rates for eligible occupation codes’ page of the UK government website. There, is a list of eligible professions for UK Skilled Worker Visas.

By using the code next to the job you’re interested in, you can access even more information on the website of the Office for National Statistics (ONS) – Occupation Coding Tool.

Ready for assistance?

If you have any questions, or want to book an appointment with one of our legal experts, contact Woodcock Law today. Call us on +44 (0)20 7712 1705 or email

Are you looking for notarial services?

We assist both individuals and businesses with a range of notarial services. For more information about how we might be able to help, head over to our dedicated notary site.