February 3, 2021 webdevelopment 0 Comments

Some of these workers can secure working rights under the EU Settlement Scheme or get an Intra-Company Visa, but others may not be eligible.

The UK government’s solution is the Frontier Workers route, which allows you to come to the UK to work, while living elsewhere – essentially as an international commuter.

To be eligible, you must live primarily outside the UK, have worked in the UK by 31 December 2020 or have kept working in the UK at least once every 12 months since you started working here.

If you have not worked in the UK by 31 December 2020, you will need to apply for another visa.

You will be able to continue entering the UK as a Frontier Worker using just your valid passport or national identity card until 30 June 2021.

How to apply:

  • You can apply from inside or outside the UK.
  • You must apply online with your valid passport or national identity card. You will need to supply documentary evidence, for example an employment contract or invoices for work carried out in the UK.
  • As part of the application, you will need to either use the ‘UK Immigration: ID Check’ app or have your photograph and fingerprints taken as a visa application centre.

How can we help:

Woodcock Law can provide information on the rights of cross-border workers, and assistance in applying for a Frontier Worker Permit or applying for a Skilled Worker visa.

For further queries, please call 0800 049 2471 or email nathan@woodcocklaw.co.uk.