All Blog Guides Videos

Am I eligible for a UK Biometric Residence Permit (BRP)?

In today’s video, we’re going to talk about Biometric Residence Permits – otherwise known as BRPs.

A BRP is an identity card. It is evidence of the holder’s right to stay in the UK and notes any conditions.

You’ll usually get a BRP if you apply to stay in the UK for longer than 6 months; apply for settlement in the UK; transfer your visa to a new passport; or apply for certain Home Office travel documents, such as the Refugee Travel Document.


Does The UK Recognise Dual Citizenship?

Dual citizenship, also known as dual nationality, is when an individual is a citizen of two or more countries at the same time. In our latest video guide we discuss about having dual citizenship here in the UK.

Life in the UK Test - Video

Everything You Need To Know About The Life In The UK Test

Did you know that you will need to take the Life In The UK Test as part of your application for British citizenship or settlement in the UK?. You’ll be tested on information in the official handbook for the Life in the UK Test.

Why not watch our useful video guide to find out more and see some actual examples of questions you may be asked.

Power of Attorney - Video

A Guide To Understanding Power Of Attorney

Are you interested in finding out more about The Power of Attorney?
A Power of Attorney is a legal document that authorises someone to act on your behalf.
There are a number of reasons why an individual might need a trusted ‘attorney’ to handle their affairs. Find out more by watching our video guide.

Claiming US Inheritance - Video

How To Claim Your US Inheritance If You Live In The UK

Are you wanting to claim inheritance from the US?
If you need to file a US tax return but are not eligible for a Social Security Number, you may need to apply for an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN).

ATAS Certification - UK Visa - Video

ATAS Certificates for UK Visa applications

In today’s video, we’re going to talk about ATAS Certificates – otherwise known as Academic Technology Approval Scheme Certificates.

The scheme was introduced to ensure that visa applicants do not gain access to sensitive knowledge or technology that could be used for harmful purposes.

If you intend to work or complete a postgraduate course in a science, engineering, or technology field in the UK, you may need to apply for an ATAS certificate.

Certificate of Sponsorship - Video

Certificates of Sponsorship for Skilled Worker Visas

Certificates of Sponsorship are issued by UK employers to individuals they wish to employ.

In today’s video, we’re going to talk about Certificates of Sponsorship – specifically, those issued to prospective employees wishing to apply for Skilled Worker Visas.

Find out everything you need to know about Certificates of Sponsorship in this video.

Innovator Founder Visa - Video

Innovator Founder Visa | Apply for this NEW UK VISA

In today’s video, we’re going to talk about the newly-announced Innovator Founder Visa.

The visa is due to replace the existing Innovator Visa.

The Innovator Founder Visa is very much like its predecessor, with a couple of differences.

It is for experienced business-people who intend to set up or run a business in the UK.

Ready for assistance?

If you have any questions about the changes or want legal advice, contact
Woodcock Law & Notary Public today. Contact us by phone on +44 (0)20 7712 1705 or
by email at

Are you looking for notarial services?

We assist both individuals and businesses with a range of notarial services. For more information about how we might be able to help, head over to our dedicated notary site.